Sunday, January 29, 2012

Getting out of the way... for Readings


The Deb part of me steps back when I do a reading, so I don't often remember what 'I' have told people. When you step aside and do a reading for someone you become a vessel for light - you are not there to offer your opinion, to say what you would like to happen for the person or colour the reading in any way. I often don't remember anything from a reading because the information is not from or for me.

People sometimes come back and say "When you said this" or "you said this..... " and I have to tell them - I don't remember - for a time my face is being used to deliver a message, but it's through me, not out of me. I step out to the side into a golden space and almost literally disappear.
Validations are good because it's lovely to celebrate amazing things for people, but also because it's a good indicator that you are stepping back.

It becomes difficult within the reading when you tell someone something that may challenge or temporarily cause pain, you must trust grace to deliver the information in the kindest way possible and all you can do is hope they understand every part of the message is important and when they discuss it later that it remains clear. And whether it does or not, that's none of your business.

When you ask for the best and highest information to come through, you ask for the truth. Nobody wise ever built a house on sand, and truth, although painful sometimes, creates a solid ground for someone to build on.

It's up to the person to trust, to filter, to sieve the information they are given. Anything that doesn't really resonate  with them should be put to one side and considered. Sometimes facing the truth is hard and requires time. Sometimes lots of time.

I've had painful information given to me but that didn't make it less true.
In fact if I had the strength to follow through and not push it away I would have saved myself 18 months of pain. The growth from the pain of banging my head on a brick wall was huge, mind you and so eventually was the lesson to listen to the truth. 
Sometimes you will be the 'bad guy' - the 'Reader' who delivered information that the person will never fully look at because the fear of doing so would be too great for them.

When you ask for the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, (so help me God) whether it's on behalf of yourself or another person, you have asked for and been entrusted with a sacred task and the most important thing to do is to get out of the way and let God in.
(c) Deb Wharfe 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment