Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Speaking love through the minefield


You know sometimes its a minefield of what you should and shouldn't say - according to others. No matter what you say - someone could have a view that you get it wrong... What matters is what's right to you.
You have a right to express your opinion, to vote with your feet, to go where you wish and do what you want - I forgot that for a long time. And now I remember. My opinion matters to me. There is an expression that goes 'What other people think of me is none of my business.' I like it. Some people would think it was arrogant. I choose to believe it is empowering.

You do the best you can with what you have. Sometimes you speak from your own experience, sometimes you speak from the heart, sometimes you open your mouth and your Mother jumps out of it and you think to yourself 'oh my goodness - WHERE did she come from? I NEVER thought I would sound like my mother.' Always though, you do the best you can. And this is relative. You can't stand in someone elses shoes, with their childhood, background, upbringing or psyche and tell them you know how they feel. All you can do is trust. People will do what they wish to do with the information you give them. They will run it through their own filter system, as you do with information that is given to you, and that's ok.

The thing is, if you don't say what you need to or feel you have to say, then you are denying yourself a voice. Denying yourself a stand or an opportunity to grow. As long as you speak from a place of love - whatever you are speaking will do the job it is meant to do, no matter what the outcome is. The outcome is none of your business. All that matters is the love.
(c)Deb Wharfe 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment