Monday, August 13, 2012

You are a blessing...


You are a blessing……

Hey you! Yes you. No don’t look behind you, I am actually talking to you. Yes it’s a little weird, I know, but there you go. By now you will have figured out that I don’t really do things by the book.

So I just wanted to say that I appreciate the things you do every day. I know I don’t personally see them, but I know that there are times when you go the extra mile and hang in there more than you thought you could and stick to it when you’d rather say “bugger it” and give up.  I know you don’t necessarily get enough sleep and that sometimes you want to stop the world and get off. I even know that sometimes, no matter how nice you are people can still be mean and sometimes for a while anyway, you’re kinda stuck with them. But that, my friend, is their rubbish, not yours.

They have to be in it every day and you get to choose what you dwell in, and what you carry round.

Wash it off, brush it off and inhale nature to clear yourself, let it roll off as much as you can.

I’d like you to know that while you sometimes think doing your best goes completely unrewarded, that unseen eyes watch and applaud your growth.

And that because of your efforts, the world is made a little nicer every day.
 Don’t give up and don’t be discouraged. Do what you are guided to do. Don’t ever let anyone tell you that you’re not good enough, because you are more than fantastic. You are a miracle of creation; made of probably around 80 trillion cells (mostly) all working in harmony. You are actually a miracle without doing a single thing. How’s that for no pressure?

Do the things that make your heart sing. Play lots of music, move your body. Get a massage or give yourself one.

Light a candle for you. Don’t wait for anyone else to love you before you do. Be silly and be kind, playfulness is good for you and so is spending time with people that make you laugh.

Take every good opportunity that comes your way.

Believe you deserve the best and you will receive it.

Be your own best friend.

And… when people ask you how you are look them straight in the eye and tell them you are fabulous or fantastic or even bloody marvellous. (You’re a miracle before you even get out of bed remember?) They don’t expect it, it wakes them up out of their run of the mill stuff and it really does make them wonder what the heck you’ve been up to.

Be as You as you can possibly be. You are needed here.

And I love it when you smile.

Deb x
(c) Deb Wharfe 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment