Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Boxer and the girl with the Bridge Over Troubled Water

Simon & Garfunkel have been strongly involved in the curve of my lifes journey and it is time to tell a little of my story. My father came through clearly this morning and asked that I do so. He 'carried the reminder of every glove that laid him down or cut him till he cried out' and it was too heavy eventually for him to bear.
His death brought me grace and safety, for I knew the relationship between us would end with a gun, I just did not know who would be leaving this life. Until I was 35 years old I intermittently feared him, loved and hated him and tried to please him. He often told me to take off my rose tinted glasses, but I'm glad I have them. They are my Bridge Over Troubled Waters.
When I was 8 I saw the death of a man in the bush, and when my father died, he died in the place where my vision took place years before. We lose people through suicide and the comment is often made that people who do this are selfish. I experienced spiritually the walk that he took on a freezing cold August night, his mindset and heaviness, and know that selfishness was not his motivation as he passed from this realm. I know about broken spirits.
I believe and am told that we are all the 'Son of God'. Why do people die? So we can LIVE. Put down your reminders. Don't carry the reminders of others, take the grace of the lesson and go. Would you drink poison daily? To allow yourself to be tainted by regrets, resentment, and negativity daily is dishonouring the true grace of the gift of your life. My fathers death brought me to you so I could share my appreciation of the gift of life.
Through the pain and the fear I am proud and grateful to be his daughter.
Someone here today needs to know this. Put down your reminders and step into a sunlit patch of grass. And if you need help, come and see me. Simon & Garfunkel tell me my time has come to shine and all my dreams are on their way - I am here, I am real, I am alive, and I will help you find yours. With all my love, Deb X

No comments:

Post a Comment